Thursday, March 17, 2005

Zonked Happiness

He has come, he is here, my love has come home,
The minutes are lighter than flying foam,
The hours are like dancers on gold-slippered feet,
The days are young runners naked and fleet --
For my love has returned, he is home, he is here,
In the whole world no other is dear as my dear!
- Sara Teasdale

F is here, finally.. :) *so happy* Took the ERL to meet him at KLIA, where he was already waiting after the customs check and stuff. It felt a bit surreal, but so very good to have him so near again; to touch and hold him again. It was a mixture of joy and tenderness and an inexplicable poignant aching..

I didn't sleep last night, doing a last minute whip-clean of my room, then finishing an overdue article. Got to rest an hour before heading to the airport, and as a consequence I'm now completely zonked. My eyes actually feel tired and dry. Got class tonight, and then rehearsal again for Saturday's shows..

Ed seemed on the verge of breaking down today, seems she went through an ordeal on Monday involving a mad taxi driver who kept cursing at her and threatening her, taking the wrong route and scaring her half to death. Poor her, her nerves have been on the edge for some time now, and with this added to it I fear they might snap.. :( I wish I could do more to comfort her..

On another note, Mo sent me this link last night, about sturdy shelters that can be erected quickly, and I am quite fascinated with the idea: "A pair of engineers in London have come up with a "building in a bag" -- a sack of cement-impregnated fabric. To erect the structure, all you have to do is add water to the bag and inflate it with air. Twelve hours later the Nissen-shaped shelter is dried out and ready for use."