Sunday, May 22, 2005

Losing My Religion

This is my simple religion. There is no need for temples; no need for complicated philosophy. Our own brain, our own heart is our temple;
the philosophy is kindness.
- The Dalai Lama

I'm due to cover the Wesak procession this evening, starting at the Maha Vihara in Brickfields. Wesak Day is celebrated to commemorate the birth, enlightenment and passing away of Buddha 2,549(?) years ago. Officially I'm a Buddhist, but I don't call myself one because I know very little about Buddhism. Should be interesting though..

Seem to be in a haze lately, like I'm moving slowly through a vat of honey. As for job hunting, I've only applied to one place, but prospects are good after I went for the second interview. However, I should send my CV to more places.

Got to go make food now before I head out for my assignment. Although the celebration started last night with prayers that last till today, the procession itself - probably the highlight of the celebration - starts at 7pm. Apparently there'll be around 20,000 people taking part in it. Phew!

But before I close this post, this is my result from the latest quiz I found:

You scored as Cultural Creative. Cultural Creatives are probably the newest group to enter this realm. You are a modern thinker who tends to shy away from organized religion but still feels as if there is something greater than ourselves. You are very spiritual, even if you are not religious. Life has a meaning outside of the rational.

Cultural Creative

81%

Postmodernist

69%

Romanticist

56%

Idealist

56%

Fundamentalist

44%

Existentialist

44%

Modernist

44%

Materialist

38%

What is Your World View?
created with QuizFarm.com