Sunday, June 12, 2005

Big Calm

I'm not very calm atm, just very tired. Things are finally getting into motion though; I've started packing a bit; there are far too many clothes I want to bring, so need to cut down on that.

Went with family to New Paris for dinner to celebrate dad's bday early. Had their fantastic fried eggplant wedges.... delicious! Also had the fabulous pork ribs (pai kwat wong), also excellent. I'd recommend this restaurant to anyone; they've got fast service, good food and reasonable prices. It's no wonder the place is always packed at dinnertime!

Have had good progress on my tassel-making. Just gonna do what I think will work for me, S is quite fickle anyway. Love the colours of the yarn I bought, so it's a pleasure to work on them.

Gotta remember to burn the music I wanna bring there into CDs. It's too bad I can't listen to mp3s on my phone during the flight. :-/ It's gonna be a long one... really can't wait to see F again.... :)

Gonna get some things done tomorrow, including buying my ticket.. hoping the travel agent guy isn't too slimy (he calls me 'darling' - I'm hoping that's just his general term for anything female).

Finally, I just have to mention this. I love cheese, and when I was in sweden last year, I found a most delicious cheese called Herrgard. It's excellent in sandwiches... yummy. :) Just remembered it somehow just now, and looked up some info on it. This is what I found:

Herrgard is a traditional, creamery, semi-hard Swedish cheese made from cow's milk. It comes in large wheels and is apparently Sweden's second most popular cheese. The name Herrgardsost means "manor house" in Swedish. It has a round shape and the smooth, pale yellow, natural rind is usually covered with yellow wax. Herrgard is very similar to Gruyere but it melts easily and keeps well - it is a much softer and more supple cheese with smaller round holes. It's also similar to Cheddar. It has a mild nuttiness and a fresh tang. It is ripened for up to seven months and has a fat content of around 45 per cent. There is also a low-fat version made with skimmed milk which has 30 per cent of fat. It is ripened for four months. The creation process for this cheese involves pasteurized milk, acid-producing bacteria and lactic bacteria (for a starter culture). After the curd is cooked, molded, pressed and salted the cheese is coated in wax and cures for 3-4 months at 60 degrees F.

(Info compiled from Cheese.com and iGourmet.com)
Yes, I am a nerd.

P/S: If you like chillout music, try dZihan & Kamien's Homebase and Alpha's Once Round Town. I recently discovered both and they have become firm chilled favourites.

P/P/S: Radiohead's live rendition of Nobody Does It Better is probably the sexiest song ever! Heard it years ago and I still find it gorgeous. :)