Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Bellylicious

I've updated my radioblog with favourite bellydance tracks, as promised. :) Just posting the track list quickly before heading out for assignment:

Alf Leyla Wi Leyla - A great mix of fast and slow.
Harem (REG Project) - One of the first choreos I learned was to this. REG Project is marvellous.
Shashkin (Omar Faruk Tekbilek) - I love this track!
Bitwannes Beek (Warda) - A beautiful traditional song.
Dance of the Scarves (Marcel Khalife) - Lovely for veil dancing.
Bent El Balad (Tarkan?) - The requisite drum solo.
Ah Ya Leil (Shereen) - Irresistibly danceable Arabic pop.
Cleopatra - I imagine the golden-skinned Cleopatra being entertained by her handmaidens when I hear this; great for practicing snake arms. :P
Sanatein Wanahayel Feek! (Hossam Ramzy) - Great stuff from the Egyptian master percussionist.
PURE: Foundation - Represents my tribal aspirations; from PURE.

Enjoy! :)