Sunday, May 07, 2006

A New Look

I made changes to the CSS of my blog using EclipseStyle, a nifty freeware programme I downloaded mainly for this purpose, and also made a new header. Time for a makeover, I thought. :)

Dan Suitcasing, a fellow blogger whose writing I really enjoy, has announced that he's going to stop blogging on the 18th this month :( , so he can concentrate on writing to be published (as in not self published on the net). As one of his readers said, what will be a loss to the blogosphere will hopefully be a gain for the literary world. All the best, Daniel.. please do keep in touch!

One of the textile shops in SS2 is currently having a clearance sale, with many beautiful quality fabrics on offer... I bought metres and metres of gorgeous lace, velvet, brocade, and an (currently) unidentifiable silky shimmery material - all for future costumes. Big hole in pocket, but if you think about it, these textiles are all pretty expensive normally, so I consider it an investment. Will post photos later. :)

Another thing: I saw the doc on Saturday and he said I can remove my cast from now on! He bent my arm this way and that, pressing it in different places and asked me if it hurt. Even showed me a few exercises I can do to strengthen it... and asked me to stay away from contact sports for a while. :P It's really nice moving around without it; I didn't realise how restrictive the cast and sling were until I could take them off. Still feels a bit fragile and I'm still quite careful when I'm out. But I'm happy. :)