Monday, July 03, 2006

A Long Kiss Goodnight

I was planning to blog loooong ago but kept procrastinating till I can't catch up with all the stuff that has happened in the past few weeks.

Since I stayed in office till almost midnight, I'm quite knackered and will just write a rather disjointed post tonight.

Allegra tagged me to do this like a week or two ago, and I wrote it up then, but had intended to post more with it... sod it though, here it is:

Siryn's top 10 things to do before the end of the year
(in no particular order)

1) improve my skills in the art of zill-playing
(instructional zill dvds, come to mama!)

2) learn how to be a more confident dance teacher
(yes, I'm starting to sub classes for S, and I'm having fun :) )

3) learn how to use the sewing machine and make at least one costume piece a month
(but first, I have to wield the scissors with no fear and cut that cloth)

4) start saving money again (ha ha ha)

5) learn how to drive (ha! hahaaha)

6) clean my room and give away old clothes
(the way from my door to my bed is a mere path amidst a jungle of clothes, books, accessories, DVDs, CDs and assorted bellydance paraphernalia)

7) learn how to crochet
(Allegra - help? ;-p)

8) tone up thighs and arms
(start swimming again besides bellydancing at least twice a week?)

9) learn how to make costumes that fit properly

10) reduce burgeoning credit card debt
(so I don’t need to pay my credit card company huge amounts in finance charges, as I have to now)


Also, I found a quote about dancers that I find to be very true, and couldn't resist posting:
1. Beginning dancer. Knows nothing.
2. Intermediate dancer. Knows everything. Too good to dance with beginners.
3. Hotshot dancer. Too good to dance with anyone.
4. Advanced dancer. Dances everything. Especially with beginners.
(Attributed to Dick Crum, folk dance teacher)
Since S suggested playing Shakira during the classes I sub for her, I have been on the lookout for pop music suitable for drills. While new students would probably feel motivated by Shakira, the artist most popularly associated with bellydance in Western music right now, I prefer to think of more unconventional choices if we're going to go into pop music for bellydance classes. One of the obvious choices may be Bellydancer by Akon, which I much dislike, and will not use. I'm totally in love, however, with Craig David's Hypnotic, which I imagine would do really well for undulations, figure 8s, snake arms and such flowing movements. I'm also beginning to like and see (horror of horrors) Justin Timberlake's Senorita as a possible candidate to do chest/shoulder/etc pops and locks to. Agh, what has become of my taste in music?? :P

And finally, some links I'd like to share with my beloved readers ;)

Boobie Pillow Pattern - a hilarious and 'sexy' crochet project guaranteed to keep your man amused, at the very least

Sex Tips from Dr Necco Feelya A.K.A Doctor Luv Ya To Death.. - Not Safe For Work, do not enter if you do not have a sense of humour... make that if you do not have a warped sense of humour :P