Monday, December 18, 2006

Cold and Rainy

I have arrived safely in a cold and rainy Sweden, and finally understand why F has been complaining so much about the weather. Last night we walked out to town to catch Eragon at the theatre, and the roads were slick with rain... on the way there, it started drizzling too. Quite miserable, especially since it was so cold as well.

When the plane touched down on Saturday afternoon, it was dark outside at 4pm. We were late by an hour because the plane's departure from KLIA was delayed by extremely tight security checks that resulted in any and all liquids being confiscated from handluggage... I was not allowed to take mine on board because it contained a lot, apparently (shampoo, face wash, conditioner...), and I was told that it would be checked into cargo and arrive at the same time as all my other luggage... but it didn't :( I'm really hoping it will arrive soon, as it contains my new white tribal costume as well as other things I hold dear.

My winter boots were in my handluggage too, so I was traipsing around in my long slit velvet skirt and frigging SANDALS when I arrived. I was FREEZING. Perhaps that's why I've been feeling woozy and sneezy. Slept an amazing amount of time since arriving. The speed at which daylight fades is alarming.

It's lovely to be back in Sweden though, despite the cold and the rain.

P/S: Eragon started off promisingly, went well in the first half, but thereafter it went downhill. The only thing good about it was Jeremy Irons. :P